Monday, November 26, 2007

Recognition.

The world is small, you know.

I recognize regulars at the office all the time. There is this guy who comes in every few months to pickup his contacts. Never really starts conversations, just in and out.

Today, said regular comes in. Starts off as it usually does, "Hi how can I help you?" "I came to pick up my contacts." I'm about to ask him his last name and something clicks in both of our minds. "WAIT! ...." No words, just laughter. It's Kevin, Dani's good friend/ex-boyfriend. I'd met him on my birthday because he brought Dani to my house for my little party.

It was just so funny how it just clicked. We both absolutely didn't recognize each other. Afterwards he continued on to asking how James was, and I asked how Dani was. We both admitted that people drift, and Dani has become a drifter. Everyone gets caught up in their own business after a time. I miss her a lot. And it makes me sad, but, hey, what are you going to do?

No comments: